Sorry for being MIA for awhile but I have been extremely busy. I have been working two jobs trying to come up with the funds for our next cycle. We are medically cleared to do another cycle in May and will be financially cleared on Friday (payday). I can't wait to be all cleared and ready to go.
We decided to do another fresh cycle for a couple of reasons. First I am still only working weekends in May so I will have the week off. Second we will be able to freeze extra day 5 embryos with our other embryo for future use. This is what we are planning on doing. I will keep everyone posted on what is happening and when.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
13dp3dt Beta #2
Well I wish I had better news but I don't. The nurse finally called today to tell me that my beta on Saturday was only 37. She said that some beta's take some time to get moving but that I need to go back in tomorrow for another beta. We are praying that it's at least over 100. This is so hard on us especially me.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
11dp3dt Beta #1
Sorry I have been MIA but I had my first beta drawn on 11dp3dt. Actually it was still 10dp by 3 hours. Anyways the result came back at 27 which is positive for pregnancy but it is low. I went in again today 13dp (16dpo) for another beta. The HCG beta is supposed to double every 48-72 hours so we're praying that it at least doubled. We won't find out the result until Monday. Ugh! Such a long wait.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
4dp3dt
Now I am sure most of you don't understand the title of this but basically it means that I am 4 days past a 3 day transfer. I have had cramps since 5am the day after the transfer which had me worried. I am still unsure how to feel about them. I am worried if I don't have them and worried if I do. It's out of my hands though. This 2 week wait is torture.
We still don't know if we were able to have any frozen embryos. I tried to call but no one picked up. They are supposed to send us something in the mail regarding our embryos. If we don't have any then we will have to do the full blown IVF again the next time. We would much rather prefer to do a FET. We'll just have to wait and see.
We still don't know if we were able to have any frozen embryos. I tried to call but no one picked up. They are supposed to send us something in the mail regarding our embryos. If we don't have any then we will have to do the full blown IVF again the next time. We would much rather prefer to do a FET. We'll just have to wait and see.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Meeting w/ the Doctor
We met with the doctor today regarding our embryos. They grade the embryos 1-5 with 1 being the best. Out of the 7 embryos 5 were grade 2 and 2 were grade 4. She stated that the grade 4's probably wouldn't make it to day 5 but she was hopeful that the grade 2's would. We weren't willing to take that chance so we had two day 3 grade 2 embryos put back in today. As long as the other embryos make it to day 5 then they will be frozen which is what we're praying for. We would really like to be able to do IVF again without having to do all the injections.
So today I am officially PUPO (Pregnant until proven otherwise). My first beta is March 3rd. Yay! We are very excited.
So today I am officially PUPO (Pregnant until proven otherwise). My first beta is March 3rd. Yay! We are very excited.
Friday, February 18, 2011
A little bummed
We received the call today to tell us how our eggs fertilized. I have to say I am a little bummed. It only takes one but I was hoping for a lot of good embryos. Anyways, there were 19 eggs, 16 mature, and 7 that fertilized. We are praying that all 7 are excellent embryo's because we would like to have some left over to freeze for future use. Otherwise we will have to go through this whole procedure again. We will be heading back to Walter Reed on Sunday (appt at 9am) which is when we will find out if we will be doing a day 3 or a day 5 transfer.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Egg Retrieval
Egg retrieval went well today. They retrieved 19 eggs which was a shock considering there were 29 follicles at my last ultrasound. I can't complain though. Unfortunately we found out that we will need to do ICSI because the motility was low which has never happened before. We were both completely shocked with this but we are praying that it's all under God's control. We should get a call tomorrow about our fertilization report.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)