Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Injections

I started injections this weekend. The lupron injection isn't bad although I still don't like poking myself. It takes several countdowns to finally suck up enough courage to do it.

Anyways I started Gonal-F and Menopur on Sunday. Needless to say I messed up already. Hopefully its no big deal. The Menopur stings and bled which was a first. The one I messed up was the Gonal-F. I set it and when I took the cap off the needle somehow bent it. Ugh! Stupid me forgot that I could just put on another needle so I tried to straighten it out. So I set the dose, injected, and heard a click so I figured the medicine was done and pulled out. Wrong! There was still medicine coming out. Then I panicked. I don't think I gave myself the correct dose.

I did some research on the pen and found out that I am supposed to hear a click for every 37.5iu. I only heard one and I should have heard two because I am on 75iu. They also stated that you should leave it in the injection site for about 5 seconds as the medicine is still coming out. I sure wish that would have been discussed at the injections class. I am praying that tonight goes much better and that my mistake won't be too costly! 

1 comment:

  1. I had Spence do the shots tonight. He is a beginner but I helped him out. I don't think we messed up. Yay!

    ReplyDelete